Are you an experienced accountant or financial manager looking for a new challenge?
The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone Company is looking for a Chief Financial Officer for its Finance Unit.
The Richards Bay Industrial Development Zone Company SCO Ltd (RBIDZ) is a purpose-built and secure industrial estate on the North-Eastern South African coast.
The company is looking for someone who has:
- A Post-Graduate Degree in Accounting (B Compt Honours/ PGDA) or equivalent
- Completed Articles of Clerkship
- Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Registered Chartered Accountant (CA (SA)) or equivalent
- 10 years’ accounting/financial management experience, of which 5 years should have been at senior management level
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
The ideal candidate should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Financial management skills and knowledge relevant to the public sector
- Knowledge and practical application of of IFRS/GRAP frameworks
- Knowledge and practical application of public sector Supply Chain Management Framework (PPPFA) and Treasury Regulations
- Understanding of Audit Processes
- Knowledge and practical application of Financial Accounting and Management Accounting Systems (e.g. Pastel)
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. PFMA, VAT, Income Tax )
- Analytical skills
- Financial modeling
- Development of financial controls
- Excellent numerical skills
- Report writing skills
- Negotiation skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer focus
- Driver’s licence
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
The Chief Financial Officer will have the following key performance area:
- Financial management
- Budgeting and budget control
- Securing of funds
- Supply Chain Management
- Financial risk & control
- People Management and Development
The responsibilities of the incumbent will be:
- Developing and ensuring the implementation of the financial strategy of the RBIDZ
- Developing and implementing financial management systems
- Overseeing the Finance function by ensuring legislative compliance and ensuring accurate and qualitative financial reporting
- Safe-guarding the assets of the company by ensuring adequate policies are in place to manage risks related to the potential loss of assets
- Securing funding from stakeholders (the DTI, Provincial Treasury) based on business requirements
- Overseeing the Supply Chain Management (SCM) function of the company to ensure compliance to policies, procedures and the SCM Legislative Framework (PPPFA)
- Overseeing the preparation of financial statements in accordance with applicable accounting frameworks (GRAP/IFRS)
- Ensure compliance to PFMA and other applicable legislation e.g. SEZ Act, Companies Act and Treasury Regulations.
The company offers a market related salary.
If you would like to apply this position, please follow the link https://rbidz.jb.skillsmapafrica.com/Job/Index/24081_
The closing date is 21 September 2018.