- Limited class sizes so children receive one-on-one attention.
- A loving and nurturing environment in which each child is acknowledged as an individual
- Highly qualified, caring and committed staff.
- Equal emphasis on academics, culture, sport and social interaction, making for well-rounded learners living up to their full potential.
- A strong religious ethos and high moral values.
St Catherine’s School ticks all of these boxes.
Nestled in the heart of Empangeni, St Catherine’s represents so much more than your average school. It is a close-knit family where every child’s wellbeing takes top priority.
The school caters for pupils from Grade RRR to 12.
While the Pre-Primary and Primary Phases are for both boys and girls, the High School is the only High School in Zululand exclusively for young ladies.
St Catherine’s produces consistently excellent academic results and well-rounded learners who achieve success in their professions and make positive contributions to their communities.
The school boasts an unbroken record of achieving a 100% Matric pass rate for the past 40 consecutive years – and this is only how far back the records go!
St Catherine’s offers the following:
- A fully equipped computer room and library
- Interactive white boards in classrooms
- Art room, music room, science laboratories
- Reading, listening and learning centre
- Weekly boarding facility for high school ladies
- Toastmasters public speaking, Interact and Early Act (affiliated to Rotary International), Revelations (Christian Club), music, chess, choir and many more cultural activities
- Sport such as hockey, swimming, athletics, tennis, netball, aerobics, soccer, cricket and cross country, with a dedicated Sports Department and outside coaches to lend a hand.
In addition to this, one can also look forward to:
- The school’s annual Oddball Olympics on 18 August, during which teams compete in outrageously silly games such as three-legged soccer.
- Daily wholesome and affordable hot meals.
- Social events, such as the ‘Getting to Know You’ braai, Grandparents Day, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day.
- In their Grade 12 year, ladies may wear high heels and grow their nails
- Excursions and field trips in every grade.
- Charity drives, including a stationery collection for the grounds staff’s own children and Santa Shoe Box collections.
- Various play areas for the Pre-Primary pupils.
Every day is Open Day at St Catherine’s School